National Service Scheme (NSS)
NSS is organized to create social awareness and involve the members in committee problems to spearhead social changes. The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
- To understand the community in which they work
- To understand themselves in relation to their community
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
It is also providing a training ground to students to become a responsible citizen. These objectives are fulfilled through various projects under the guidance and supervision of the NSS Program Officer.
This is the youth wing of the Rotary Club of the International organized in SGC to enable the students who are members of the club to aware of their social skills and to take active role in society. This empowers the student to become active agents of social change. Rotaract Club is actively involved in various community service projects. It has been undertaking various community projects such as visit to old-age home,, home for downtrodden, youth camps, awareness programs on HIV, polio awareness, consumer awareness, first aid programs, dental camps, blood donation camps etc. These activities ensure that students realize their responsibility towards the society and at the same time come together on a platform where everyone comes together and shares ideas, abilities and views and transform students in to confident individual.
The International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC) coordinates cooperation between National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies throughout the world. Each entity works in its home country according to the principles of international humanitarian law and the statutes of the international Movement. According to the following objectives, programs are conducted by the Red Cross Unit of our college:
- to promote humanitarian principles and values.
- to provide relief assistance in emergency situations of large magnitude, such as natural disasters.
- to support the national societies with youth-related activities.
- to support local health care projects.
- to support the national societies on disaster preparedness by educating voluntary members for provision relief supplies.
Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in Educational Institutions through which students will be making awareness of AIDS at regular intervals in village areas. The volunteers engage themselves in distributing pamphlets regarding AIDS and the way of living. Red Ribbon clubs are envisaged to instil among all the students in the educational institutions values of service by conducting various projects of the following nature:
- Healthy Life Style and Stress & Strain free Environment.
- Drug Addiction.
- Blood Donation Promotion.
- Life skill Development and good eating habits.
- Reproductive & Sexual Health including RTI/STI and HIV/AIDS.